Work from home activities
Hi everyone! In the event of a school closure, we are wanting you to complete a few activities at home. As you know you should be always be reading daily. (https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/kids-activities/fun-maths-games-and-activities/) It would be a good idea to practice the Year 1 common exception word list (https://monsterphonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Year-1-CE-colour-unprotected.pdf). Reception please continue to use the 'red word' flashcards in your packets and challenge yourself to spell them as well as read them. For daily maths, please use www.topmarks.co.uk to test your recall of number bonds, doubles and halves and times table facts. We look forward to seeing the results when you get back to school.
Reception - phonics activities
- continue to practice individual flash cards every day
- build words using the sounds already known
- find some common words in reading books and other texts
- practice the red words in packet
- try some of the following online games to practice your sounds: